Lip lines are a naturally part of the anatomy, so there is no way to stop them from forming entirely. That said, you can help prevent wrinkles around the lips by avoiding smoking and protecting the fragile skin on and around the lips from UV damage. In addition to daily application of a broad spectrum face sunscreen that contains SPF 30 or higher around the lips, avoid sunburned lips and premature signs of aging by applying a SPF 30+ lip balm, especially when outdoors.
- Exfoliate to smooth lip skin.
- Apply wrinkle-reducing lip products.
- Don’t smoke.
- Stay hydrated, but avoid drinking through a straw.
- Use a moisturizing lip balm that includes sunscreen.
- Gently exfoliate the lips.
- Apply retinoids formulated for the lips.
- Apply anti-aging treatments to the skin surrounding your lips.